Thursday, February 25, 2010

The entrapment

She wants to break free from what bounds her
Stepping into the purpose before her
Dictation’s chains grip tightly to her limbs
Her weakened voice cries out to me
She begs for me to grant her freedom
My heart sinks because I know I am forcing her to live a lie
The truth is not within her
But I cannot blame anyone but me
I’ve allowed another to lock her away
They sent her one roads of confusion
Robbing her of so many capabilities
“You hold the key to release me! ” she pleas
Will I unlock the chamber that holds my destiny?
Will I finally gain complete control of my life?

By Shannon Hogan
Written 2/24/10
Inspiration: Sometimes we allow others to steal what is divinely ours. Whether its materialistic, emotional, spiritual, etc. I have personal allowed outside teaching, rules, regulations, take away from who I am. So I have reached a breaking point where I must stand up for MY life. In order to save the true voice within me from drowning in misery.